Pages

Random thoughts for random reasons!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Long Time, No Post!

Oops, school started and I admit, I completely forgot about my blog. Okay, not completely, it was always there in the back of my mind, but I never really was too worried about it. I mean, it's a blog. And to add to that, a blog that not many people read, so....

Exactly.

Anyway, the blog crossed my mind and I asked myself if I should post something right NOW. And I said back to myself, "Sure, why not?!" (Literally. I might be truly very weird, because I ask myself questions I already know the answers to all the time. Like last night. Watching the previews before a movie. Me part 1:"I wanna see that." Me part 2: "Why?" Me part 1: "It has that actor I really like in it." Me part 2: "Oh yeah." The real question is why do I do any of this at all? Me part 2 says it's because I'm so awesome. Me part 1 is inclined to agree.)

So, back to something besides the inner parts of my brain dwelling on all my weird attributes.

Yesterday, I went to a horse show at the stable where I take lessons. I wasn't showing, just "helping" out. Now, I've been riding for about, eh, four and a half months maybe, and so, really, do I know much about horses?

Theoretically, yes, I know tons. It's all up there stored in my *taps head* noggin. Can I actually put any of my knowledge in to use yet? No, not really.

Luckily, the stable where I ride is full of really nice people, instructors and fellow riders included. I hung out with the girls around my age, who were basically all advanced. They were talking about jumping and so on, and it was really interesting, plus they were all really really nice and didn't seem to mind me following them around, and they chatted with me like I was on their level. I couldn't find myself hoping that by the time I get to their level I'll be their friend and we can all go on a trail ride together, maybe. I would really like to get into group or semi-group lessons soon. I usually don't see many people when I take my lessons on Saturday mornings, so yesterday was a ton of fun, seeing the barn full of horse-lovers and their families.

There was one girl especially who I pestered with questions all they. She was the first one to introduce herself when I got there Saturday morning, and she was basically my mentor. All day she was assuring me that I was doing fine and that I'll learn more the longer I ride. She introduced me to the other advanced girls and, seriously, I felt right at home besides being less experienced, but I'm okay with that.

Even though I still wish my parents had started me riding when I was little. Oh well, that can't be fixed now, better make up for lost time! :D

Before the little kids' events (the "beginner" ones, which I probably still would've lost :) I tried to tack up a horse named Tuffy. Little did I know. I put the saddle to far back, the girth was all mixed up, the bridle I got twisted... but the hoof polish went on fine! *cheers*

One of the instructors, even though she was drowning in work, took the time to help me and was very nice about it, too.

This is why I love my stable. :)

I didn't get to go back for the dinner party thing or the outdoor movie- it was family night at my house- but I'm so glad I went to the show. As hot as it was and even though my feet were killing me by the time I got home, I had a huge blast.

:D

And now I have to end my blog.
But first a poem.

"School is fun, yeah, it's alright
But I'd rather spend the day when it's light
At the barn full of good horses and leather,
Where nice people can teach me how to put bridles together."

There ya are. A Meghan original. Please, feel free to quote me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment