Pages

Random thoughts for random reasons!

Friday, November 25, 2011

NaNoWriMo & Disney- Movies & Songs

So November is National Novel Writing Month.  And that's great, I fully support whoever created NaNoWriMo and those who participate.  But I sure am sick of failing to complete my 50,000 word novel each and every time December rolls around.

I have my reasons for failing, yes.  One is that I'm a tad bit lazy when it comes to getting around writer's block.  I'll have times when I'm full on writing ninja mode, and then times when the words just will not come and since I know they will not come, I just don't even try because I know anything I write I'll end up hating and rewriting.  So why bother?  Another reason is that I have school and a lot of schoolwork.  And I procrastinate a lot, meaning on November 30th, I'll probably be found either typing away at the computer trying to piece together some coherent passages for this "novel" I'm supposed to be writing or staying up until the wee hours of morning doing last-minute homework.

Also, I have no willpower.  So what I generally do is get on the computer, bring up my story, type a few sentences.... and then drift over to Hyperbole & a Half to read through every post that's ever been posted because they are hilarious no matter how many times you read them.

So what I'm basically saying is... I'm gonna fail NaNoWriMo again this year.  I won't even tell you my current word count, it's just embarrassing.

Moving on.... Today I watched Aladdin.  This is much more important than you might think.  It's important because Aladdin was one of my first crushes (considering that I didn't really have any friends when I was little and let's be honest- what girl doesn't find herself loving a Disney prince [or fake prince] when she's little? [Or, as my sister would say, Dmitri from Anastasia!]).  I don't care what anyone says, Aladdin is a fine looking cartoon character.  I mean, look at his hair.  And he has a pet monkey.  And a flying carpet.  And a genie!  Sure, he pretends to be a prince just so he can get a girl... but... I don't really have all the much of a problem with it because he loved her so much and was so cute trying to pull this trick...  Also, his singing voice is fabulous.  Though he was voiced by Scott Weinger (who played Steve, DJ's longtime boyfriend on Full House), his singing was recorded by Brad Kane.

I love Simba too, but seeing how he is a lion, I feel that might be slightly irrelevant...
(Although the added fact that Jonathon Taylor Thomas, Matthew Broderick, and Joseph Williams all voiced him?  Yeah.  He sounded good. :)

And then after I finished Aladdin I felt the need to play some Disney Karaoke... So here is a list of some of my favorite Disney movie songs in no particular order. :D
  • A Whole New World (Aladdin)
  • Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Lion King)
  • Reflection (Mulan)
  • I'll Make A Man Out Of You (Mulan)
  • Circle of Life (Lion King)
  • Belle (Beauty & the Beast)
  • One Jump Ahead (Aladdin)
  • We Are One (Lion King 2)
  • I Won't Say I'm In Love (Hercules)
And a lot more that I can't think of but I will later... :)
Happy belated Thanksgiving!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment